Atlanta housing heating up!!
5 major cities where home sales are soaring
Five metro areas have sales more than 25 percent ahead of last year
Existing home sales took a surprising jump in October, rising 13.5 percent from 2010.
While all but two of the largest metro areas (New York and Washington, D.C.) were up from a year ago, five cities stood out from the pack with sales up more than 25 percent this year.
The Top 5
- Miami/Fort Lauderdale +34.6 percent
- Atlanta +33.4 percent
- Minneapolis/St. Paul +33.4 percent
- Cincinnati +28.9 percent
- New Orleans +27 percent
Several other cities experienced sales growth of at least 10 percent
- Phoenix +17.3 percent
- Philadelphia +15.1 percent
- Dallas/Fort Worth +13.9 percent
- Kansas City +12.9 percent
- Portland +12.3 percent
- Indianapolis +10.8 percent
- Boston +10.1 percent