11 Reasons why sellers should still list their home during the holidays
11 Reasons why sellers should still list their home during the holidays:
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture that market!
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during a working week!
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
- Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
- People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer in early Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
- You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
11. Appraisers look at comparable homes for the past 3-6 months; your Winter sales price will be compared to late Summer (higher priced) home sales. Spring sales are compared to late Winter (lower priced) home sales.
Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays!